Why Choose a REALTOR®?
Before you enter the world of real estate on your own, see if a Texas REALTOR® can help you instead. Here are some reasons why you should reach out to a Texas REALTOR®:
- Texas REALTORS® are held at a higher Ethical Standard. Not all real estate agents are REALTORS®. REALTORS® pledge to abide by a Code of Ethics that goes beyond what’s required by law, keeping your interests first and setting high standards for professional behavior.
- Texas REALTORS® do more than help you buy and sell Real Estate. They protect the rights of property owners. They fight proposals that would increase the burdens on buying, selling, and owning real estate. And they bring property-owners’ concerns to the Legislature, regulatory agencies, and local authorities.
- Texas REALTORS® have access to specialized education and resources. In addition to the hundreds of classroom hours required to hold a real estate license, Texas REALTORS® take advantage of continuing educational opportunities to stay up-to-date on industry trends and developments. Many Texas REALTORS® also undertake specialized training to better serve subsets of consumers, shown by the letters that often follow their names (known as designations or certifications ).
- Texas REALTORS® know how to accurately price a home. While you could use a home-valuation website that tells you a number, you shouldn’t rely on it alone. These sites often don’t know the details of your property, the current market, and what buyers are looking for in your area. A Texas REALTOR® can help you determine a more accurate price for your property.
- Texas REALTORS® can narrow your home search. You could spend hours and hours searching for properties online, contacting owners or their agents to see the property, and figuring out whether it’s a good deal. Or, you could hire a Texas REALTOR® to cut through the clutter by determining your needs, finding properties that fit those parameters for you, and setting up tours to see them. On top of that, they can help you figure out if the price is right and what you can afford.
- Texas REALTORS® are skilled negotiators. Not everyone is skilled at negotiations, but Texas REALTORS® are. They’re armed with the most up-to-date information about laws, the market, and more that puts them in a position to negotiate on your behalf with confidence.
- Texas REALTORS® manage the process and save you time. Texas REALTORS® can save you a lot of time and hassles by handling the tasks you don’t have time to manage. For example, Texas REALTORS® have experience marketing properties, which means you don’t have to come up with a plan on your own. They also facilitate and explain the entire transaction process so you don’t have to keep track of every single detail.